« View county listFlood Warning
810 PM CDT WED MAY 4 2016
The flood warning continues for
the Red River At Grand Ecore.
* until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:00 PM Wednesday The stage was 35.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 33.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 39.0 feet by
Saturday morning then begin falling.
* Impact...at 40.0 feet...Major backwater flooding problems will
affect Bayou Pierre, Black and Saline Bayous and the Cane River
Lake tributaries with thousands of acres flooded. Severe backwater
flooding will spread upstream along Bayou Pierre through Powhattan
and Evelyn, Louisiana. Also expect backwater flooding of Black and
Clear lakes along with the closure of Louisiana highway 1226.
LAT...LON 3192 9323 3187 9309 3152 9270 3151 9274 3192 9330