« View county listFlood Warning
1058 AM CDT THU MAY 5 2016
The flood warning continues for
the Red River At Grand Ecore, Louisiana.
* until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 1000 AM Thursday The stage was 35.4 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 33.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 36.0 feet by
Saturday morning then begin falling.
* Impact...at 36.0 feet...Minor lowland flooding of several hundred
acres both upstream and downstream from Grand Ecore take place with
backwater flooding of tributary bayous that include Bayou Pierre up
through Powhattan, Louisiana. Backwater flooding also affects
Iatt, Saline, Black, and Nantaches Bayous. Move livestock and
equipment to higher ground away from levees.
LAT...LON 3192 9323 3187 9309 3152 9270 3151 9274 3192 9330