« View county listCoastal Flood Advisory
CALCASIEU-VERMILION-IBERIA-ST. MARY-WEST CAMERON-EAST CAMERON-
830 AM CDT FRI JUN 23 2017
...COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM CDT THIS
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LAKE CHARLES HAS ISSUED A COASTAL
FLOOD ADVISORY, WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON.
* COASTAL FLOODING...1 TO 2 FEET ABOVE GROUND LEVEL
* TIMING...AT LEAST THROUGH EARLY AFTERNOON
* IMPACTS...MINOR COASTAL FLOODING ALONG THE COAST AND IN THE
COASTAL LAKES AND BAYS.
A COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY INDICATES THAT ONSHORE WINDS AND TIDES
WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE FLOODING OF LOW AREAS ALONG THE SHORE.
901 PM CDT Thu Jun 22 2017
...Forecast flooding increased from Minor to Moderate severity...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Atchafalaya River At Morgan City.
* until Sunday morning...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:00 PM Thursday the stage was 6.6 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 7.0 feet by
tomorrow morning. The river will fall below flood stage early
* Impact...At stages near 7.0 feet...Buildings at the foot of Ann
Street on the river side of the flood wall will flood as water
overtops the Rio Oil Company dock. Buildings on the river side of
the Berwick floodwall will flood. River traffic restrictions will
be strictly enforced. In addition, backwater flooding could
potentially impact portions areas around Lake Palourde and
* Impact...At stages near 6.0 feet...Flood stage. The city dock will
be under water. Water will cover the lower end of Belleview Front
Street in Berwick. Vessel traffic will be affected by stronger
river current and vessel traffic safety rules will be strictly
enforced by the U.S. Coast Guard.
LAT...LON 2997 9124 2980 9110 2939 9113 2951 9154
2986 9139 2995 9147