« View county listFlood Warning
907 PM CDT THU JUL 2 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
The Mississippi River At Red River Landing.
* until further notice.
* At 8:00 PM Thursday the stage was 51.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 48.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 53.5 feet by
Saturday July 18th.
* Impact...At 51.0 feet...All river islands along the reach from Red
River Landing to Baton Rouge will be inundated. Recreational camps
and river bottom farm land will be under water.
* Impact...At 48.0 feet...Access roads will be inundated and
evacuation of all river islands must be complete. Protection of
people and property in the river bottom land on the river side of
the levees must be complete.
* Impact...At 46.0 feet...River traffic will become dangerous. A levee
crevasse would flood adjacent farm land. Significant flooding of
Raccourci Island will continue and evacuation of the island is
* Impact...At 45.0 feet...Between the 40 and 45 foot stage flooding of
Raccourci Island becomes significant. At the 45 foot stage
evacuation of the island is recommended.
LAT...LON 3103 9153 3102 9170 3071 9159 3074 9137