« View county listFlood Warning
1108 AM CDT Sun May 28 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Atchafalaya River At Morgan City.
* until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10:00 AM Sunday the stage was 7.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 7.3 feet by
Tuesday morning then begin falling.
* Impact...At stages near 7.0 feet...Buildings at the foot of Ann
Street on the river side of the flood wall will flood as water
overtops the Rio Oil Company dock. Buildings on the river side of
the Berwick floodwall will flood. River traffic restrictions will
be strictly enforced.
* Impact...At stages near 6.0 feet...Flood stage. The city dock will
be under water. Water will cover the lower end of Belleview Front
Street in Berwick. Vessel traffic will be affected by stronger
river current and vessel traffic safety rules will be strictly
enforced by the U.S. Coast Guard.
LAT...LON 2997 9124 2980 9110 2939 9113 2951 9154
2986 9139 2995 9147