« View county listFlash Flood Watch
Including the cities of Middlesboro, Pineville, Cumberland,
Harlan, Jenkins, Whitesburg, Coal Run, Elkhorn City, Pikeville,
and South Williamson
405 PM EDT Sun Apr 23 2017
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM EDT THIS
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* A portion of southeast Kentucky, including the following areas,
Bell, Harlan, Letcher, and Pike counties
* Until 11 PM EDT this evening.
* 0.75 to 1 inch of rainfall is expected this afternoon and
evening across the watch area, with locally higher amounts
possible. This will bring event total rainfall amounts to
generally between 2 and 4 inches.
* Heavy rainfall has caused flooding of low lying areas and road
closures across portions of the watch area. Fast rises on area
rivers, creeks, and streams will continue to be likely.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
501 PM EDT SUN APR 23 2017
The National Weather Service in Jackson Kentucky has issued a
* Flood Advisory for
The Cumberland River at Pineville.
* from late tonight to Tuesday morning.
* At 04 PM Sunday the stage was 995.3 feet.
* Bankfull stage is 1002 feet.
* Flood stage is 1002 feet.
* At 1005 feet...KY Route 66 north of Straight Creek bridge floods.
LAT...LON 3680 8346 3668 8370 3679 8383 3685 8374
3680 8366 3688 8350
Laurel KY-Bell KY-Knox KY-McCreary KY-Whitley KY-
632 PM EDT SUN APR 23 2017
The National Weather Service in JACKSON KY has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
Southwestern Laurel County in south central Kentucky...
Bell County in southeastern Kentucky...
Knox County in southeastern Kentucky...
Eastern McCreary County in south central Kentucky...
Whitley County in south central Kentucky...
* Until 830 PM EDT
* At 630 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated persistent rain causing
minor flooding in the advisory area. More significant earlier day
flooding has come to an end, but minor flooding will continue to
be possible this evening, particularly in low lying areas.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Williamsburg, Barbourville, Pineville, Middlesboro, Julip, Varilla,
Swan Lake, Cumberland Falls S.P., Zion Hill, Ponza, Black Snake,
Gausdale, Blanche, Krupp, Cubage, Rella, Bark Camp, Dixie, Wasioto
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
LAT...LON 3660 8446 3696 8436 3700 8431 3702 8433
3704 8430 3707 8432 3710 8428 3712 8430
3713 8430 3681 8351 3678 8349 3673 8350
3670 8346 3667 8346 3667 8351 3664 8361