« View county listBlizzard Warning
Kit Carson County-Cheyenne County-Cheyenne-Rawlins-Decatur-Norton-
Including the cities of Burlington, Arapahoe, Cheyenne Wells,
St. Francis, Bird City, Atwood, Oberlin, Norton, Goodland, Colby,
Hoxie, Hill City, Sharon Springs, Oakley, Quinter, Grinnell,
Grainfield, Tribune, Leoti, Benkelman, Culbertson, Trenton,
Stratton Ne, Palisade, and McCook
1247 AM MDT Sun Apr 30 2017 /147 AM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017/
...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT MDT /1 AM
* Snow accumulation of 6 to 14 inches...with locally higher
* Timing...Saturday evening through Sunday evening, with the
worst conditions after midnight through Sunday morning.
* Winds...North 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Temperatures...In the lower to mid 30s.
* Impacts...Expect whiteout conditions tonight through Sunday
due to heavy snowfall and very strong winds. Power outages are
possible from falling trees and power lines.
A Blizzard Warning means strong winds and falling or blowing snow
will produce whiteout conditions at times...with travel becoming
difficult or impossible. Monitor local forecasts before deciding
to venture outside. If you must travel and you become stranded...
stay with your vehicle until help arrives.