« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Including the cities of Bellaire, Smith Center, Kensington,
Greeley, Spalding, Scotia, Wolbach, Fullerton, Genoa, St. Libory,
Grand Island, Hastings, Franklin, Campbell, Hildreth, Inavale,
Red Cloud, Blue Hill, Rosemont, and Bladen
511 PM CDT Sat Apr 29 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM SUNDAY TO
6 AM CDT MONDAY...
* MAIN HAZARD...Wet, sticky snow and blowing snow.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...Generally 1 to 4 inches, with the highest
amounts favoring western areas.
* TIMING...Perhaps starting as early as Sunday morning, but with
the majority falling during the afternoon and evening hours
before ending overnight.
* WINDS...From the north sustained at 25 to 35 mph, and gusting
40 to perhaps 50 MPH.
* IMPACTS...The combination of snow and strong winds will result
in greatly-reduced visibilities, perhaps with near-blizzard
conditions at times. In addition, if at least a few inches of
snow accumulate, damage to tree limbs could occur, potentially
causing property damage and power outages.
* UNCERTAINTY...Although confidence in accumulating snow is
high, confidence in exact amounts is running below average. It
is difficult to get snow to accumulate this late in the spring
season, and only a slight change in expected temperatures
could easily result in lower or perhaps even higher amounts
than currently indicated in the official forecast.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while