« View county listFlood Warning
Leavenworth KS-Atchison KS-Wyandotte KS-Miami KS-Johnson KS-Henry MO-
Pettis MO-Jackson MO-Johnson MO-Cass MO-Clay MO-Clinton MO-
Lafayette MO-Platte MO-
757 PM CDT TUE AUG 22 2017
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
Leavenworth County in northeastern Kansas...
Southeastern Atchison County in northeastern Kansas...
Wyandotte County in northeastern Kansas...
Northern Miami County in east central Kansas...
Johnson County in east central Kansas...
Northern Henry County in west central Missouri...
Northwestern Pettis County in central Missouri...
Jackson County in west central Missouri...
Johnson County in west central Missouri...
Cass County in west central Missouri...
Clay County in west central Missouri...
Southwestern Clinton County in northwestern Missouri...
Southwestern Lafayette County in west central Missouri...
Platte County in west central Missouri...
* Until 800 PM CDT Wednesday
* At 754 PM CDT, local law enforcement reported flooding along
several area rivers, creeks, and streams. Water has also been
reported over many area roads.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Kansas City, Overland Park, Olathe, Independence, Lee's Summit,
Shawnee, Blue Springs, Lenexa, Leavenworth, Leawood, Raytown,
Liberty, Gladstone, Grandview, Belton, Prairie Village, Raymore,
Gardner, Warrensburg and Grain Valley.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
LAT...LON 3849 9462 3856 9461 3850 9507 3898 9506
3899 9508 3897 9509 3898 9519 3942 9519
3948 9462 3945 9421 3921 9421 3914 9410
3893 9412 3893 9347 3854 9351 3845 9406
1136 PM CDT Tue Aug 22 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Stranger Creek at Easton.
* until Thursday evening.
* At 10:30 PM Tuesday the stage was 20.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 21.3 feet by
early Wednesday morning. The river will fall below flood stage
* At 20.0 feet...All roads out of Easton except for highway 192 west
of 231st street in Easton are closed.
* At 19.5 feet...Highway 192 just east of Easton is closed due to
swift current of water over the road.
* At 18.0 feet...1st street in Easton and 231st street north and
south of Easton begin to flood.
* At 17.0 feet...Water enters low-lying fields south of Easton.
Location FS Stage Day/Time Forecast
Easton 17 20.8 Tue 10 PM 21.3 early Wednesday
LAT...LON 3947 9519 3948 9511 3920 9500 3918 9511