« View county listFlood Warning
1201 PM EST WED JAN 18 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The East Fork White River near Rivervale.
* FROM MONDAY MORNING TO Thursday January 26.
* At 11:30 AM Wednesday the stage was 16.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by Monday morning and continue to
rise to near 21.2 feet by Tuesday evening. The river will fall
below flood stage by Thursday morning.
* At 20.5 feet...Lawrenceport Road just east of Lawrenceport and on
the south side of river begins to flood around this level. By 22
feet this road is impassable. During typical floods in this
area...this portion of the road can be flooded by 5 to more than 10
feet of water. During the January 2005 flood...this area would
have been near the "bottom" of the river...underwater by nearly 17
feet. In the great March 1913 flood...more than 25 feet of water
would have covered this location.
LAT...LON 3880 8618 3878 8631 3882 8643 3877 8646
3872 8631 3878 8613