« View county listFlash Flood Watch
Including the cities of Eureka, Pekin, Havana, Beardstown,
Winchester, and Jacksonville
900 PM CDT Sat Apr 29 2017
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH MONDAY MORNING...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of central Illinois and west central Illinois,
including the following areas, in central Illinois, Mason,
Tazewell, and Woodford Counties. In west central Illinois,
Cass, Morgan, and Scott Counties.
* Through Monday morning.
* Periods of heavy rainfall are expected through Sunday night. By
Monday morning, another 2 inches of rain is likely along the
Illinois River valley.
* In addition to potential flooding of streets and roads in
flood prone areas, area rivers and streams are also likely to
experience flooding. This would persist for several days after
the rain ends.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION
especially if driving. Never drive across a flooded roadway. You
should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
938 PM CDT Sat Apr 29 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Illinois River at Beardstown.
* Until further notice.
* At 845 PM Saturday the stage was 16.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 14 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 26.1 feet by
Sunday, May 7. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* Impact...At 27.0 feet, Coal Creek Levee overtops at boat landing.
Damage begins at Frederick and Browning.
Fld Observed Forecast 6AM
Location Stg Stg Day Time Sun Mon Tue
Beardstown 14 16.4 Sat 9 PM 17.0 18.0 20.0
LAT...LON 4018 9023 4012 9017 4008 9037 3999 9046
3999 9058 4015 9043
1017 PM CDT SAT APR 29 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
the Illinois River at Meredosia
* from late Sunday night until further notice.
* At 9:30 PM Saturday the stage was 15.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Major flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by early Monday
morning and continue to rise to near 24.6 feet by Saturday evening.
Additional rises are possible thereafter.
* Impact: At 25.0 feet...Smith Lake Road is flooded south of
* Impact: At 24.7 feet...County Roads 1625E and 1675E begin to flood
northwest of Meredosia.
* Impact: At 24.0 feet...Kochs Lane east of Shady Acres begins
* Impact: At 23.0 feet...Flood fighting activities begin at Big Swan
Lake and Dam.
* Impact: At 22.4 feet...Meredosia Lake Road overtopped.
* Impact: At 22.2 feet...Low roads in Florence overtopped.
* Impact: At 22.0 feet...Cargill Company in Florence begins flood
fighting activities. Also, unloading operations are shut down at
the Ameren power plant.
* Impact: At 21.0 feet...Chambers Road south of Naples floods at
Mauvaise Terre Creek near this level.
* Impact: At 20.0 feet...Beach Road just north of Shady Acres floods
near this height.
* Impact: At 18.0 feet...City of Meredosia plugs storm sewer outlets.
* Impact: At 17.4 feet...Meredosia boat dock floods.
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 04/30 05/01 05/02 05/03 05/04
Meredosia 17.0 15.69 16.0 17.4 18.7 20.6 22.3
LAT...LON 3988 9063 3988 9051 3977 9053 3977 9067
1108 PM CDT SAT APR 29 2017
The National Weather Service in Lincoln has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
Scott County in west central Illinois...
Morgan County in west central Illinois...
* Until 1100 AM CDT Sunday
* At 1105 PM CDT, The heavy rainfall that moved across the area late
Saturday afternoon and evening has ended. However, the threat for
flooding has not as most areas have already received 3 to 4 inches
with Doppler Radar rainfall estimates close to 5 inches over parts
of southwest Scott county.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Jacksonville, Winchester, Alexander, Waverly, Meredosia, Bluffs,
Franklin, Murrayville, Woodson, Chapin, Arenzville, Manchester,
Alsey, Naples, Exeter, Literberry, South Jacksonville, Concord,
Glasgow and Lynnville.
This includes Interstate 72 between mile markers 43 and 79.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams, urban areas, highways, streets and underpasses as
well as other drainage areas and low lying spots.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
LAT...LON 3981 9059 3983 9057 3987 9059 3988 9050
3987 9000 3972 8999 3957 8993 3952 8993
3952 9030 3953 9030 3953 9057 3964 9061