« View county listFlood Warning
1217 PM CST Tue Feb 20 2018
The National Weather Service in Lincoln IL has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Illinois River at Peoria.
* From late Wednesday night until further notice.
* At 1145 AM Tuesday the stage was 12.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by early Thursday morning and
continue to rise to near 27.9 feet by Sunday morning.
* Impact...At 28.0 feet...Entire length of Lake Street in Spring Bay
Fld Observed Forecast 6AM
Location Stg Stg Day Time Wed Thu Fri
Peoria 18 12.6 Tue 12PM 14.3 18.5 23.5
LAT...LON 4093 8952 4093 8941 4062 8957 4047 8980
4053 8988 4068 8965
Including the cities of Peoria, Lacon, Eureka, Canton, Pekin,
Bloomington, Normal, Rushville, Havana, Lincoln, Clinton,
Monticello, Champaign, Urbana, Danville, Beardstown, Petersburg,
Winchester, Jacksonville, Springfield, Decatur, Sullivan,
Tuscola, and Paris
305 PM CST Tue Feb 20 2018
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of central Illinois, east central Illinois, and west
central Illinois, including the following counties. In central
Illinois, De Witt, Logan, Macon, Marshall, Mason, McLean,
Menard, Peoria, Piatt, Sangamon, Tazewell, and Woodford. In east
central Illinois, Champaign, Douglas, Edgar, Moultrie, and
Vermilion. In west central Illinois, Cass, Fulton, Morgan,
Schuyler, and Scott.
* Through late tonight.
* Rainfall amounts of around an inch are expected through tonight.
Much of the area has already received 1 to 3 inches since
* This additional rainfall will cause flooding of area rivers and
streams across central through east central Illinois. Ponding of
water on low roadways and near ditches is also likely.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Including the cities of Galesburg, Toulon, Peoria, Lacon, Eureka,
Canton, Pekin, Rushville, Havana, Beardstown, Winchester,
309 PM CST Tue Feb 20 2018
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST WEDNESDAY...
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total wet snow
accumulations of up to one half inch, and ice accumulations of
up to one tenth of an inch, are expected.
* WHERE...Portions of central and west central Illinois.
* WHEN...Rain is expected to change to freezing rain northwest of
the Illinois River early this evening, with the transition
closer to midnight near the river itself.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The ice will result in difficult travel
conditions, including during the morning commute on Wednesday.
Be prepared for reduced visibilities at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
The latest road conditions for Illinois can be obtained by