« View county listFlash Flood Watch
Including the cities of Rockford, Belvidere, Woodstock, Waukegan,
Oregon, Dixon, DeKalb, Aurora, Elgin, Wheaton, Chicago, Ottawa,
Oswego, Morris, and Joliet
304 PM CDT Thu Jun 21 2018
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* Portions of north central Illinois and northeast Illinois,
including the following areas, in north central Illinois,
Boone, DeKalb, La Salle, Lee, Ogle, and Winnebago. In
northeast Illinois, Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, Lake
IL, McHenry, and Will.
* Through Friday morning
* Additional rounds of heavy rain producing showers and some
thunderstorms will continue through Friday morning. These storms
have the potential to produce localized flash flooding as many
locations have received significant rainfall in the past week,
including additional rain this morning. Rainfall amounts of one
to three inches are expected tonight through Friday morning.
* Area rivers and streams are running high, which will means
rainfall will more quickly go into runoff. Urban and small
stream flooding is likely.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
351 PM CDT Thu Jun 21 2018
...Forecast flooding increased from Minor to Moderate severity...
The Flood Warning continues for
The Fox River at Montgomery.
* until further notice.
* At 245 PM Thursday the stage was 13.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by late this afternoon and
continue to rise to near 14.0 feet by Friday evening.
* Impact...At 15.0 feet...Flooding affects homes on River Street near
LAT...LON 4194 8827 4169 8826 4154 8860 4163 8860
4173 8838 4195 8838