« View county listFlash Flood Watch
Including the cities of Aurora, Elgin, Wheaton, Chicago, Ottawa,
Oswego, Morris, Joliet, Kankakee, Pontiac, Watseka, Paxton, Gary,
Valparaiso, Morocco, Rensselaer, and Fowler
212 PM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017 /312 PM EDT Sun Apr 30 2017/
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH EARLY MONDAY
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of Illinois and Indiana, including the following
areas, in Illinois, Cook, DuPage, Ford, Grundy, Iroquois,
Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, La Salle, Livingston, and Will. In
Indiana, Benton, Jasper, Lake IN, Newton, and Porter.
* Through early Monday morning.
* Periods of moderate to occasionally heavy rainfall are expected
late this afternoon and evening. Additional rainfall amounts of
0.50 to 1.50 inches are likely across the area, with potentially
locally higher amounts. Given the saturated ground in many
places from the rain that has already fallen, runoff from
additional heavy rain may result in flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
1157 AM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Fox River at Montgomery.
* until Saturday morning.
* At 1100 AM Sunday the stage was 13.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 13.6 feet by
early Monday. The river will fall below flood stage early Saturday
* Impact...At 13.0 feet...Minor lowland flooding begins near river.
LAT...LON 4194 8827 4169 8826 4154 8860 4163 8860
4173 8838 4195 8838