« View county listFlood Warning
1128 AM CDT Thu May 25 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Mel Price LD
* until Wednesday evening.
* At 11:00 AM Thursday the stage was 25.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 21.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to continue falling to below flood stage by
* Impact: At 25.0 feet...Highway 94 and the east end of Harbor Point
Road off of Highway 94 north of West Alton begin flooding within a
foot or so of this height. Also, the access road to the Lincoln
Shields area off Highway 67 just west of the Clark bridge begins
* Impact: At 24.0 feet...Alta Villa Road off of Highway 94 north of
West Alton is closed within a foot of this height.
* Impact: At 23.0 feet...Dresser Island Drive floods within a foot of
* Impact: At 21.0 feet...Flood Stage. Minor flooding begins to occur
at this level.
* Impact: At 20.8 feet...Unprotected farm land begins to flood
* Impact: At 18.0 feet...Near this height, Mel Price Lock and Dam
will go to "open river" conditions, lifting all gates out of the
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 05/26 05/27 05/28 05/29 05/30
Mel Price LD 21.0 24.95 24.7 23.8 22.7 21.8 21.3
LAT...LON 3891 9033 3895 9028 3883 9003 3881 9017