« View county listFlash Flood Watch
Including the cities of Chicago, Morris, Joliet, Kankakee,
Pontiac, Watseka, Paxton, Gary, Valparaiso, Morocco, Rensselaer,
404 AM CDT Sat Apr 29 2017 /504 AM EDT Sat Apr 29 2017/
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* Portions of Illinois and Indiana, including the following
areas, in Illinois, Cook, Ford, Grundy, Iroquois, Kankakee,
Livingston, and Will. In Indiana, Benton, Jasper, Lake IN,
Newton, and Porter.
* From this evening through Monday morning.
* Periods of moderate to occasionally heavy rainfall are expected
through the weekend. Total rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches
are likely across the watch area through Sunday evening. At the
current time, the heaviest rain threat will be tonight through
* While there is high confidence in widespread moderate rainfall
through the weekend, confidence is lower with the extent of the
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
929 PM CDT Fri Apr 28 2017
The Flood Watch continues for
The Vermilion River at Pontiac
* from Sunday evening to late Wednesday night.
* At 8:45 PM Friday the stage was 4.1 feet.
* Major flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Forecast...Flood stage may be reached by Sunday evening.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet...Residential areas flood in Pontiac.
LAT...LON 4079 8861 4109 8889 4113 8880 4084 8852