« View county listFlash Flood Watch
Including the cities of Eureka, Pekin, Havana, Beardstown,
Winchester, and Jacksonville
348 AM CDT Sun Apr 30 2017
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH MONDAY MORNING...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of central Illinois and west central Illinois,
including the following areas, in central Illinois, Mason,
Tazewell, and Woodford. In west central Illinois, Cass,
Morgan, and Scott.
* Through Monday morning
* Periods of heavy rainfall are expected through Sunday night. By
Monday morning, another inch of rain is likely along the
Illinois River valley.
* In addition to potential flooding of streets and roads in
flood prone areas, area rivers and streams are also likely to
experience flooding. This would persist for several days after
the rain ends.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION
especially if driving. Never drive across a flooded roadway. You
should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
1017 PM CDT SAT APR 29 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
the Illinois River at Valley City
* until further notice.
* At 9:30 PM Saturday the stage was 14.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to continue rising to near 22.8 feet by
Saturday evening. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* Impact: At 23.0 feet...Westfall Antiques and More building is
* Impact: At 22.5 feet...Bottom of 365th Avenue (gravel road - 2650N)
* Impact: At 21.5 feet...Commercial Building is flooded on Railroad
Street (or County Highway 21).
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 04/30 05/01 05/02 05/03 05/04
Valley City 14.0 14.77 15.5 16.3 17.9 19.2 20.8
LAT...LON 3977 9067 3977 9053 3952 9052 3952 9064
1108 PM CDT SAT APR 29 2017
The National Weather Service in Lincoln has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
Scott County in west central Illinois...
Morgan County in west central Illinois...
* Until 1100 AM CDT Sunday
* At 1105 PM CDT, The heavy rainfall that moved across the area late
Saturday afternoon and evening has ended. However, the threat for
flooding has not as most areas have already received 3 to 4 inches
with Doppler Radar rainfall estimates close to 5 inches over parts
of southwest Scott county.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Jacksonville, Winchester, Alexander, Waverly, Meredosia, Bluffs,
Franklin, Murrayville, Woodson, Chapin, Arenzville, Manchester,
Alsey, Naples, Exeter, Literberry, South Jacksonville, Concord,
Glasgow and Lynnville.
This includes Interstate 72 between mile markers 43 and 79.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams, urban areas, highways, streets and underpasses as
well as other drainage areas and low lying spots.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
LAT...LON 3981 9059 3983 9057 3987 9059 3988 9050
3987 9000 3972 8999 3957 8993 3952 8993
3952 9030 3953 9030 3953 9057 3964 9061