« View county listFlash Flood Watch
Greene IL-Macoupin IL-Montgomery IL-Bond IL-Fayette IL-Clinton IL-
Marion IL-Washington IL-Randolph IL-Pike IL-Calhoun IL-Jersey IL-
Madison IL-Saint Clair IL-Monroe IL-Monroe MO-Ralls MO-Pike MO-
Boone MO-Audrain MO-Moniteau MO-Cole MO-Osage MO-Callaway MO-
Montgomery MO-Lincoln MO-Gasconade MO-Warren MO-Saint Charles MO-
Franklin MO-Saint Louis MO-Saint Louis City MO-Jefferson MO-
Crawford MO-Washington MO-Saint Francois MO-Sainte Genevieve MO-
Iron MO-Madison MO-Reynolds MO-
Including the cities of Litchfield, Vandalia, Centralia, Salem,
Chester, Sparta, Pittsfield, Alton, Edwardsville, Belleville,
Cahokia, Bowling Green, Columbia, Mexico, Jefferson City, Fulton,
Saint Charles, Washington, Union, Sullivan, Saint Louis,
407 PM CDT Sat Apr 29 2017
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE SUNDAY
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Illinois and Missouri...including the following
counties...in Illinois...Bond IL...Calhoun IL...Clinton IL...
Fayette IL...Greene IL...Jersey IL...Macoupin IL...Madison
IL...Marion IL...Monroe IL...Montgomery IL...Pike IL...
Randolph IL...Saint Clair IL and Washington IL. In Missouri...
Audrain MO...Boone MO...Callaway MO...Cole MO...Crawford MO...
Franklin MO...Gasconade MO...Iron MO...Jefferson MO...Lincoln
MO...Madison MO...Moniteau MO...Monroe MO...Montgomery MO...
Osage MO...Pike MO...Ralls MO...Reynolds MO...Saint Charles
MO...Saint Francois MO...Saint Louis City MO...Saint Louis
MO...Sainte Genevieve MO...Warren MO and Washington MO.
* through late Sunday night
* Recent rainfall has set the stage for a significant flooding
event this weekend. A slow moving and potent storm system will
continue to interact with a very moist airmass to produce heavy
rainfall through Sunday evening. Rainfall totals of 3 to 5
inches are likely with locally higher amounts possible along and
south of the Interstate 44 corridor in Missouri and Interstate
55 corridor in Illinois.
* Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas...and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Moderate to major flooding is also
possible on larger streams and rivers.
A Flash Flood Watch is advanced notice that conditions are
favorable that may lead to flash flooding. People in the Watch
area, especially in flood prone areas, should use this time to
make preparations just in case. Stay informed, and be ready for
quick action if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning
1215 PM CDT SAT APR 29 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Mel Price LD
* from Sunday evening until further notice.
* At 12:00 PM Saturday the stage was 18.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 21.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by tomorrow late
evening and crest near 28.2 feet by early Friday morning.
* Impact: At 28.5 feet...The South Wood River Levee must be closed at
* Impact: At 27.9 feet...Missouri Highway 94 from Alta Villa Road to
Feltes Drive will be closed near this height.
* Impact: At 26.6 feet...Within a foot of this height, outer road US
67 between Riverlands Way and the Lincoln Shields Access Road will
close due to flooding.
* Impact: At 26.5 feet...Yachtview Drive begins flooding along the
entrance to Harbor Point Yacht Club within a foot of this height.
* Impact: At 25.0 feet...Highway 94 and the east end of Harbor Point
Road off of Highway 94 north of West Alton begin flooding within a
foot or so of this height. Also, the access road to the Lincoln
Shields area off Highway 67 just west of the Clark bridge begins
* Impact: At 24.0 feet...Alta Villa Road off of Highway 94 north of
West Alton is closed within a foot of this height.
* Impact: At 23.0 feet...Dresser Island Drive floods within a foot of
* Impact: At 21.0 feet...Flood Stage. Minor flooding begins to occur
at this level.
* Impact: At 20.8 feet...Unprotected farm land begins to flood
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 04/30 05/01 05/02 05/03 05/04
Mel Price LD 21.0 18.02 19.0 22.3 25.5 27.0 27.9
LAT...LON 3891 9033 3895 9028 3883 9003 3881 9017
$$Severe Thunderstorm Watch
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH
174 IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM CDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING
IN ILLINOIS THIS WATCH INCLUDES 11 COUNTIES
IN SOUTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS
BOND IL CLINTON IL FAYETTE IL
MARION IL MONTGOMERY IL WASHINGTON IL
IN SOUTHWEST ILLINOIS
MACOUPIN IL MADISON IL MONROE IL
RANDOLPH IL SAINT CLAIR IL
IN MISSOURI THIS WATCH INCLUDES 5 COUNTIES
IN SOUTHEAST MISSOURI
IRON MO MADISON MO REYNOLDS MO
SAINT FRANCOIS MO SAINTE GENEVIEVE MO
THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF ALTON, BELLEVILLE, CAHOKIA,
CENTRALIA, CHESTER, EDWARDSVILLE, FARMINGTON, LITCHFIELD, SALEM,
SPARTA, AND VANDALIA.