« View county listFlood Warning
916 PM MDT WED MAR 29 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Boise River At Glenwood Bridge.
* until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:45 PM Wednesday the flow was 8100 cfs.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 7000 cfs.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 8210 cfs by after
midnight tomorrow. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* Impact...At 8900 cfs...Or 11.3 feet, large sections of the green
belt will be submerged and severe bank erosion will occur. Flooding
will occur in low areas close to the river in Boise, Garden City,
Eagle and Caldwell, but the water should remain below the level of
most residential areas. The river will spill over its banks between
45th and 46th Street in Garden City into the warehouse district.
LAT...LON 4366 11610 4353 11613 4374 11702 4386 11699
$$High Wind Warning
Upper Treasure Valley-Southwest Highlands-Western Magic Valley-
Southern Twin Falls County-
314 AM MDT Thu Mar 30 2017
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THIS MORNING TO
MIDNIGHT MDT TONIGHT...
* WINDS...West or northwest 35 to 40 mph with gusts to 55 mph. The
area of greatest concern is the Snake River Basin from just east
of Boise near Mountain Home and south to the Idaho/Nevada
* TIMING...Late Thursday morning after passage of a cold front,
and continuing through Thursday evening.
* IMPACTS...Travel hazard for high profile vehicles, and on north-
south roads due to cross winds. Minor property damage. Branches
may break off trees. Bridges over Snake River will be dangerous
for high profile vehicles, particularly the Perrine and Hansen
bridges in the Magic Valley.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Listen to NOAA Weather Radio or your local media for the latest
updates on this situation.