« View county listSpecial Weather Statement
Henry IA-Des Moines-Van Buren-Lee-Jo Daviess-Stephenson-Carroll-
Whiteside-Rock Island-Henry IL-Bureau-Putnam-Mercer-Henderson-
Including the cities of Independence, Manchester, Dubuque,
Vinton, Cedar Rapids, Anamosa, Maquoketa, Marengo, Iowa City,
Tipton, Clinton, Muscatine, Davenport, Bettendorf, Sigourney,
Washington, Wapello, Fairfield, Mount Pleasant, Burlington,
Keosauqua, Fort Madison, Galena, Freeport, Mount Carroll,
Sterling, Moline, Rock Island, Geneseo, Princeton, Hennepin,
Aledo, Oquawka, Monmouth, Carthage, Macomb, Memphis, and Kahoka
946 PM CST Thu Feb 23 2017
...Small hail possible in strongest thunderstorms through 1
Areas of showers and isolated to scattered thunderstorms will move
northeast through the region through 1 AM. The strongest updrafts will
be capable of producing pea sized to possibly up to around penny sized
hail for short period of time. Brief heavy rainfall will also be possible
that can produce ponding of water in low lying locations.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Including the cities of Cedar Rapids and Anamosa
820 PM CST Thu Feb 23 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON FRIDAY TO
6 AM CST SATURDAY...
* TIMING...Friday midday through Friday night
* Snow Accumulations...1 to 3 inches...highest in northern Linn
and Jones Counties.
* Ice Accumulations...A glazing to less than 0.10 inches, mostly
on exposed and elevated surfaces.
* WIND...northwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures...in the upper 20s Friday evening and to around 20
degrees Saturday morning.
* Visibilities...Less than 1 mile at times.
* IMPACTS...Hazardous travel conditions from icy roads.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet, or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while