« View county listHigh Surf Advisory
NIIHAU-KAUAI WINDWARD-KAUAI LEEWARD-OAHU NORTH SHORE-OAHU KOOLAU-
OLOMANA-MOLOKAI WINDWARD-MOLOKAI LEEWARD-MAUI WINDWARD WEST-
MAUI LEEWARD WEST-MAUI CENTRAL VALLEY-WINDWARD HALEAKALA-
BIG ISLAND NORTH AND EAST-
332 PM HST MON NOV 20 2017
...HIGH SURF ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON HST TUESDAY...
* SURF...SURF WILL BE 12 TO 18 FEET THROUGH TONIGHT, LOWERING TO
10 TO 15 FEET TUESDAY MORNING.
* TIMING...ADVISORY LEVEL SURF IS EXPECTED THROUGH TUESDAY
MORNING, THEN WILL SUBSIDE TUESDAY AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS...MODERATE...EXPECT STRONG BREAKING WAVES, SHORE
BREAK, AND STRONG LONGSHORE AND RIP CURRENTS MAKING SWIMMING
DIFFICULT AND DANGEROUS.
BEACHGOERS, SWIMMERS, AND SURFERS SHOULD HEED ALL ADVICE GIVEN BY
OCEAN SAFETY OFFICIALS AND EXERCISE CAUTION. WHEN IN DOUBT, DO
NOT GO OUT.
$$High Wind Warning
Big Island Summits-
749 PM HST Mon Nov 20 2017
...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM HST TUESDAY...
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a High Wind
Warning, which is in effect until 6 AM HST Tuesday. The Wind
Advisory is no longer in effect.
* WINDS...West 45 to 65 mph with localized gusts up to 75 mph
* TIMING...Through early Tuesday morning.
* LOCATIONS...For the summits of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa above
10000 ft of elevation.
* IMPACTS...These winds will make driving to the summits
dangerous. The road will likely remain closed to the public.
Hiking and camping near the summits will also be dangerous.
A High Wind Warning means that winds at the summits are expected
to be at least 56 mph, with gusts over 66 mph. Take necessary
precautions to protect property. Travel to summit areas should be
delayed until winds subside.