« View county listHigh Surf Advisory
Kauai Windward-Oahu Koolau-Olomana-Molokai Windward-
Maui Windward West-Windward Haleakala-Big Island North and East-
342 PM HST Tue Feb 20 2018
...HIGH SURF ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM HST
* SURF...Along east facing shores, 6 to 8 feet.
* TIMING...through 6 am Wednesday.
* IMPACTS...Moderate...Expect strong breaking waves, shore
break, and strong longshore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Beachgoers, swimmers, and surfers should heed all advice given by
ocean safety officials and exercise caution.
$$High Wind Warning
Big Island Summits-
425 PM HST Tue Feb 20 2018
...HIGH WIND WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM HST WEDNESDAY...
* WINDS...Southwest 30 to 60 mph with gusts over 65 mph at the
* LOCATIONS...Summits of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa above 12000
* TIMING...The highest wind speeds should be this evening with
winds gradually diminishing overnight.
* IMPACTS...Winds this strong can walking difficult and can
forcefully slam open doors. The winds may make steering
difficult, especially for drivers of high profile vehicles.
A High Wind Warning for the summits means that winds there are
expected to be at least 56 mph with gusts over 66 mph. Take
necessary precautions to protect property. Travel to the summit
areas should be delayed until winds subside.