« View county listFlood Warning
1057 AM EDT Mon Apr 23 2018
...Flood Warning extended until Tuesday evening...The Flood Warning
The Lookout Creek near New England.
* Until Tuesday evening.
* At 10 AM Monday the stage was 14.8 feet...and steady.
* Minor flooding will continue.
* Flood stage is 12 feet.
* The river will rise to near 15.0 feet by this evening.
The river will fall below flood stage early Tuesday afternoon.
* At 15 feet...Minor flooding continues to expand along Sells Lane
in Trenton...Mason Road near Rising Fawn...and Creek Road near New
England. These roads and other roads with creeks flowing into
Lookout Creek will flood causing the roads to be closed. The water
will be a few feet deep on portions of these roads. Also minor
flooding will continue to expand downstream as the creek crosses
the Tennessee border into the Tiftona area.
LAT...LON 3503 8539 3502 8533 3484 8545 3471 8549
3473 8556 3487 8553
Including the cities of Dahlonega, Cleveland, and Gainesville
944 AM EDT Mon Apr 23 2018
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of north central Georgia...northeast Georgia and
northwest Georgia...including the following areas...in north
Lumpkin...Pickens and Union. In northeast Georgia...Banks...
Jackson...Madison...Towns and White. In northwest Georgia...
Catoosa...Dade...Murray...Walker and Whitfield.
* Until 8 PM EDT this evening
* Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are are possible
within the watch area.
* Rises in creeks and rivers are expected, some of which may go
out of their banks closing roads or impacting property. High
water will not recede until well after the rain has ended.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.