« View county listFlood Warning
948 PM EDT SAT APR 18 2015
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Ocmulgee River near Macon.
* From late Sunday night until Wednesday afternoon.
* At 9 PM Saturday the stage was 16.8 feet...and rising.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Forecast to rise above flood stage by early Monday morning and
continue to rise to near 19.0 feet by early Tuesday morning.the
river will fall below flood stage by Wednesday morning.
* At 19.0 feet...Minor flooding continues. The Macon Greenway
Ocmulgee Heritage Trail will begin to flood in areas just north of
the Martin Luther King Boulevard bridge. The public should not use
this portion of the trail. In addition...the lowest sections of the
Charles Jones Gateway Park will flood. Portions of agricultural
lands well downstream will be under two feet of water.
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 19.0 feet on Mar 19 1956.
LAT...LON 3290 8372 3293 8367 3282 8356 3266 8353
3263 8359 3274 8363