« View county listFlood Warning
720 AM EST MON FEB 27 2017
The National Weather Service in Taunton, MA has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Connecticut River At Hartford.
* from this evening to Tuesday afternoon...or until the warning is
* At 6:30 AM Monday the stage was 14.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by tonight and continue to rise
to near 16.1 feet by after midnight tonight. The river will fall
below flood stage by tomorrow late morning.
* Impact...At 16.0 feet...Minor flooding is expected in several low
lying areas outside levee protection in Hartford, as well as
downstream through Wethersfield and Glastonbury. Further downstream
flooding is likely in the vicinity of Meadow Road, Route 17A, in
the Gildersleeve section of Portland. A portion of this roadway
will likely be closed. This includes the Exchange Club of Portland
Fairgrounds. Boating interests should prepare for a period of swift
river flows during this period.
LAT...LON 4163 7270 4180 7273 4180 7259 4164 7258
4163 7263 4164 7263