« View county listWinter Storm Warning
Western Mosquito Range/East Lake County Above 11000 Ft-
Eastern Sawatch Mountains above 11000 Ft-
Western Chaffee County Between 9000 and 11000 Ft-
La Garita Mountains Above 10000 Ft-
Eastern San Juan Mountains Above 10000 Ft-
INCLUDING Climax, Bonanza, Alpine, Granite, St Elmo, North Pass,
Cumbres Pass, and Wolf Creek Pass
1045 AM MST Mon Feb 27 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT MST
* LOCATION...the western Mosquito and eastern Sawatch Mountains
above 11000 feet...western Chaffee County between 9000 and 11000
feet...the La Garita and eastern San Juan Mountains above 10000
feet...including Fremont...Monarch...North Cochetopa...Wolf
Creek and Cumbres Passes.
* CAUSE AND TIMING...a Pacific storm system will track across the
region through Tuesday evening.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...10 to 20 inches.
* WIND...southwest 15 to 30 gusting to 50 mph causing areas of
blowing snow and poor visibility.
* IMPACT...travel will be hazardous due to heavy, blowing snow,
poor visibility and icy or snow covered roads.
This Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather
conditions are expected. Significant amounts of snow and wind
will make travel dangerous. Postpone or reroute travel if
possible. If you must travel, carry winter survival gear such as
food, water, extra clothes, blankets, a flashlight, shovel, phone
and portable charger.