« View county listWinter Storm Warning
Grand and Battlement Mesas-
Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys-
West Elk and Sawatch Mountains-
329 AM MDT Thu Mar 30 2017
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
Winter Storm Warning for heavy blowing snow, which is in effect
from 9 PM this evening to 6 PM MDT Saturday.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Vail, Crested Butte, and Taylor Park.
* TIMING...Scattered rain and snow showers will develop Thursday
afternoon with rain changing to all snow Thursday night and
increasing in coverage. The snow will continue off an on through
Friday night, before ending Saturday evening.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...8 to 12 inches with locally greater amounts
up to 16 inches possible over higher terrain.
* SNOW LEVEL...7,000 to 8,000 feet, greatest snow amounts are
expected above 8,500 feet elevation.
* WINDS...East 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* IMPACTS...The heavy snow will make many roads impassable and
may produce widespread power outages due to the weight of the
snow on tree limbs and power lines.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected or occurring. Strong winds and blowing snow are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.