« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Grand and Battlement Mesas-
Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys-
West Elk and Sawatch Mountains-Flat Tops-
419 AM MDT Thu Mar 23 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM MDT
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Aspen, Vail, Snowmass, Crested Butte,
Taylor Park, Marble, Buford, and Trappers Lake.
* TIMING...Snow is expected to begin this morning at very high
elevations, with the snow level lowering during the day and snow
continuing through Friday morning. The highest snowfall rates
are expected to occur late this afternoon and evening.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...4 to 8 inches, with locally greater
accumulations up to 12 inches above 10,000 feet.
* SNOW LEVEL...Initially around 8500 feet dropping down to 6000
feet by early Friday morning.
* WINDS...Southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 45 mph, shifting
to the northwest by late this evening.
* IMPACTS...Roads will become slick and snowpacked. Additionally,
visibilities will be reduced in snow and blowing snow.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while