« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains Between 8500 And 11000 Ft-
Northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains above 11000 Ft-
Southern Sangre De Cristo Mountains Between 7500 and 11000 Ft-
Southern Sangre De Cristo Mountains Above 11000 Ft-
Wet Mountains between 6300 and 10000Ft-
Wet Mountains above 10000 Ft-
Walsenburg Vicinity/Upper Huerfano River Basin Below 7500 Ft-
Trinidad Vicinity/Western Las Animas County Below 7500 Ft-
Eastern Las Animas County-
INCLUDING La Veta Pass, Poncha Pass, Blanca Peak, Cuchara,
Stonewall, Weston, Spanish Peaks, Rye, Walsenburg, Trinidad,
Branson, and Kim
405 AM MDT Fri Mar 24 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MDT
* LOCATION...The Wet Mountains, Huerfano and Las Animas Counties
including the southern I-25 corridor.
* CAUSE AND TIMING...An intense storm over southeast Colorado this
morning will move slowly into Kansas this afternoon.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...4 to 8 inches for the mountains and 2 to 4
inches for the lower elevations along the I-25 corridor.
* WIND...North 20 to 40 gusting to 60 mph.
* IMPACT...Conditions will be hazardous due to periods of heavy,
blowing snow and poor visibilities. Slushy or snow covered
roads and poor visibilities will make travel difficult.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and
blowing snow. Use caution when traveling, especially in open