« View county listWinter Storm Watch
Northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains above 11000 Ft-
Southern Sangre De Cristo Mountains Above 11000 Ft-
Wet Mountains above 10000 Ft-Pikes Peak above 11000 Ft-
INCLUDING Blanca Peak, Spanish Peaks, and Pikes Peak
1013 PM MDT Wed Mar 22 2017
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON...
* LOCATION...the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Wet Mountains and
Pikes Peak above 11000 feet.
* CAUSE AND TIMING...a strong storm system will move across the
region Thursday afternoon through Friday. It will be capable of
producing periods of heavy snow across the higher elevations of
the Eastern Mountains.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...10 to 16 inches with locally higher
amounts possible, especially on Pikes Peak.
* WIND...north at 20 to 30 mph, with gusts of 55 to 60 mph.
* IMPACT...hazardous conditions are expected due to strong
winds, blowing snow, poor visibilities and icy, now covered
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow, sleet, or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.