« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Western Mosquito Range/East Lake County Above 11000 Ft-
Eastern Sawatch Mountains above 11000 Ft-
INCLUDING Climax and Bonanza
840 AM MDT Tue Apr 25 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MDT THIS
* LOCATION...Eastern Sawatch and Western Mosquito Mountain
Ranges above 11000 feet including Fremont and Monarch Passes.
* CAUSE AND TIMING...an upper storm system will move across the
area through Wednesday morning, bringing moderate to heavy
snow over the higher mountain areas.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...3 to 7 inches with locally higher amounts
possible on west facing slopes.
* WIND...west 20 to 30 gusting to 40 mph becoming northwest 10
to 20 mph this evening.
* IMPACT...travel will be hazardous due to blowing snow, poor
visibilities and icy or snow covered roads.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
the combination of snow and wind will cause primarily travel
difficulties. Be prepared for poor visibilities and icy or snow
covered roads. Use caution while driving.