« View county listFire Weather Warning
Northeast Weld County-Central and South Weld County-Morgan County-
409 AM MDT Thu Apr 19 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 8 PM MDT
THIS EVENING FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR MORGAN AND
The National Weather Service in Denver has issued a Red Flag
Warning FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY, which is in effect
from 11 AM this morning to 8 PM MDT this evening.
* Affected Area...Fire Weather Zones 242...243 and 244.
* Timing...Strong winds and low humidities will develop by midday.
The humidities will improve this evening, but it will remain
* Winds...Southeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative Humidity...As low as 14 percent.
* Impacts...Conditions will be favorable for new fire starts and
rapid wildfire growth.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.