« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Grand and Battlement Mesas-
Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys-
West Elk and Sawatch Mountains-Flat Tops-
1117 PM MDT Mon Mar 27 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MDT
WEDNESDAY ABOVE 9000 FEET...
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Taylor Park and Trappers Lake.
* TIMING...Light snow or rain/snow mix will change over to all
snow by morning. Snow will continue through late Wednesday
morning, with lulls along with periods of moderate to heavy snow
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...6 to 12 inches with locally higher amounts
above 10,000 feet.
* SNOW LEVEL...Between 8000 and 9000 feet, lowering to around 6500
feet by Wednesday morning. Snow levels may rise during the
afternoon. Significant snow accumulations will be mainly above
9000 feet, with lesser amounts below.
* WINDS...Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph,
switching to northwest by Tuesday morning.
* VISIBILITY...Lowering to less than 1/2 mile at times in
heavier snow showers.
* IMPACTS...High elevation roadways will become slick and
snowpacked. In addition, snow and areas of blowing snow will
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while