« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Western Mosquito Range/East Lake County Above 11000 Ft-
Eastern Sawatch Mountains above 11000 Ft-
La Garita Mountains Above 10000 Ft-
Eastern San Juan Mountains Above 10000 Ft-
INCLUDING Climax, Bonanza, North Pass, Cumbres Pass,
and Wolf Creek Pass
1211 PM MDT Mon Mar 27 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO
NOON MDT WEDNESDAY...
The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for periods of heavy snow, which is in effect
from 6 PM this evening to noon MDT Wednesday.
* LOCATION...the Eastern San Juan and La Garita Mountains above
10000 feet...and the Sawatch and Mosquito range above 11000
feet. This includes Wolf Creek and Monarch Passes.
* CAUSE AND TIMING...A strengthening Pacific storm system will
spread rounds of snow into the region Tonight...with the
heaviest falling Tuesday afternoon and night.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...5-10 inches with locally higher amounts
* WIND...Becoming northeast 15 to 30 mph Tuesday night.
* IMPACT...Roads may become slick and snowpacked at times
especially Tuesday night as the heavier snow impacts the region.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while