« View county listWind Advisory
Northern Sacramento Valley-Central Sacramento Valley-
Including the cities of Redding, Red Bluff, Chico, Oroville,
and Marysville/Yuba City
946 PM PDT Thu Oct 19 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PDT FRIDAY...
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect until 4 AM PDT Friday.
* TIMING...Several hours of strong, gusty southerly winds over the
northern half of the Sacramento Valley. Winds decreasing before
* WINDS...Southerly sustained at 25 mph with local gusts up to 35
to 40 mph.
* IMPACTS...Difficult driving for high profile vehicles. Loose
objects blown away.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 25 mph and/or gusts
to 40 mph are expected for an hour or more. Winds this strong can
make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use
Interact with us via social media
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Western Plumas County/Lassen Park-
West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada-
Including the cities of Chester, Quincy, and Blue Canyon
239 PM PDT Thu Oct 19 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS
EVENING TO 11 AM PDT FRIDAY...
* WHAT... Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions. Strong,
gusty winds may impact driving and visibility. Total snow
accumulations up to 3 to 6 inches are expected above 6000 feet.
Up to 9 inches near Lassen Park.
* WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope
Northern Sierra Nevada...above 6000 feet.
* WHEN...11 PM Thursday to 11 AM Friday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.