« View county listFire Weather Warning
Lake Mead NRA/Colorado River-AZ side-Lower Colorado River Valley-
Lake Mead NRA/Colorado River-NV side-
155 PM PDT Thu Apr 27 2017 /155 PM MST Thu Apr 27 2017/
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM PDT /11 AM MST/ FRIDAY
TO 11 PM PDT /11 PM MST/ SATURDAY FOR STRONG WINDS AND LOW
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a Red Flag
Warning, which is in effect from 11 AM PDT /11 AM MST/ Friday to
11 PM PDT /11 PM MST/ Saturday. The Fire Weather Watch is no
longer in effect.
* TIMING...Strong winds will begin early Friday morning, peak
Friday afternoon, and possibly lull Friday night before picking
up again during the day Saturday. Winds will decrease Saturday
* WIND...North winds gusting to 40 to 50 mph on Friday and
Saturday, with locally higher gusts possible Friday afternoon
* HUMIDITY...Five to 10 percent each afternoon.
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
$$High Wind Watch
San Bernardino and Riverside County Valleys-The Inland Empire-
San Bernardino County Mountains-Santa Ana Mountains and Foothills-
Orange County Inland Areas-
Including the cities of Riverside, San Bernardino, Ontario,
Moreno Valley, Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, Corona, Crestline,
Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear City, Big Bear Lake, Running Springs,
Wrightwood, Santa Ana, Anaheim, Garden Grove, Orange, Fullerton,
and Mission Viejo
915 PM PDT Thu Apr 27 2017
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH
* WINDS...Northeast winds 15 to 30 mph Friday, increasing to 25 to
35 MPH with gusts from 50 to 60 MPH.
* TIMING...From late evening Friday through midday Saturday.
* LOCATION...I-15 through the Cajon Pass into the Inland Empire.
The Santa Ana Mountains and Foothills into parts of inland
* IMPACTS...Sudden, strong cross- winds, especially for high-
profile vehicles. Possible tree and utility line damage. Downed
* OUTLOOK...Winds will diminish rapidly Saturday afternoon.
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph...or gusts
of 58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
Lake Havasu and Fort Mohave-Lake Mead National Recreation Area-
San Bernardino County-Upper Colorado River Valley-
Including Lake Havasu City, Desert Hills, Topock,
Bullhead City, Oatman, Mohave Valley, Needles, Hoover Dam,
1210 AM PDT Fri Apr 28 2017 /1210 AM MST Fri Apr 28 2017/
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT /5 PM MST/
* TIMING...Strong winds will develop overnight... peak in
intensity Friday...and linger into Saturday before weakening
late Saturday afternoon.
* WINDS...North winds of 25 to 35 mph with locally higher gusts
to 50 mph possible. Strongest winds are expected in especially
wind prone locations near Laughlin.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds will create dangerous boating
conditions on area lakes. These winds will create very choppy
waters and generate large waves which could capsize or swamp
vessels. Strong wind gusts may cause localized wind damage to
structures and will destroy any unsecured items left outside.
A Wind Advisory means strong winds gusting over 40 mph can make
driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use