« View county listFire Weather Warning
Kern County Mountains-
Sierra Nevada from Yosemite to Kings Canyon National Park-
Tulare County Mountains-
805 PM PST Fri Dec 15 2017
...RED FLAG WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM PST SATURDAY FOR VERY
LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 295, 296, AND 297...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zones 295, 296 and 297. This
includes Sierra National Forest, Sequoia/Kings Canyon National
Park, Sequoia National Forest and the Kern County Mountains.
* WIND...Northeast to east 5-12 mph tonight, becoming north to
northeast 10-20 mph over the Sierra Nevada by Saturday
afternoon. Locally higher gusts are possible.
* HUMIDITY...Less than 10 percent at many locations. Humidity will
remain low through Saturday evening, especially across Kern
County. In the Sierra, humidity will increase slightly tonight
and early Saturday, then decrease again Saturday afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
West Central San Joaquin Valley-East Central San Joaquin Valley-
Southwestern San Joaquin Valley-
Including the cities of Los Banos, Coalinga, Mendota, Lemoore,
1138 PM PST Fri Dec 15 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TO 7 PM PST
* WINDS...Northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* TIMING...The strongest winds are expected between 10 am and 4
pm PST Saturday.
* IMPACTS...Areas of blowing dust with visibility reduced to
less than one mile locally. High profile vehicles such as
campers and tractor trailers are most vulnerable to strong
cross winds. Highways affected include Highway 140 west of
Merced, Highway 152, Highway 33, Highway 198 west of Lemoore,
Highway 41 west of Stratford in addition to the I-5 corridor.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.