« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Surprise Valley California-Lassen-Eastern Plumas-
Eastern Sierra Counties-Northern Washoe County-
Including the cities of Cedarville, Fort Bidwell, Portola,
Susanville, Empire, and Gerlach
709 PM PST Sun Feb 26 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PST
* Timing: Snow will continue to spread across the area overnight
and persist through Monday morning.
* Snow Accumulations: 2 to 6 inches west of Highway 395, with 1 to
3 inches along and east of Highway 395.
* Winds: Southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
* Impacts: Snow and gusty winds may produce travel slow downs,
chain controls, and periods of low visibility in blowing
Even light snowfall causes major travel delays, especially during
periods of high traffic volume including the Monday morning
commute. Be sure to allow extra time to reach your destination.
Leave extra space between vehicles since it takes longer to stop
on slick roadways.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Western Plumas County/Lassen Park-
Including the cities of Chester and Quincy
1012 PM PST Sun Feb 26 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM PST
* TIMING...Snow showers will taper off by early Monday morning.
* MAIN IMPACT...Weekend travelers could experience travel
delays, chain controls, and slick roadways.
* SNOW AMOUNTS...Between 2 and 6 inches of snow expected for
mountain passes, and elevations above 3000 feet. Lessor
amounts can be expected down to around 2000 feet.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while