« View county listFire Weather Warning
Eastern Lassen County-Northern Washoe County-
421 AM PDT Mon Jun 25 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
8 PM PDT THIS EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR
EXTREME NORTHEASTERN CALIFORNIA AND NORTHWESTERN NEVADA...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire Zone 278 Eastern Lassen County and Fire
Zone 458 Northern Washoe County.
* Winds...West-southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
* Humidity...8 to 14 percent.
* Duration...4 to 6 hours.
* Impacts...The combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity before first
responders can contain them.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.gov/reno for
updates and livingwithfire.info for preparedness tips.
$$Lake Wind Advisory
Lassen-Eastern Plumas-Eastern Sierra Counties-
427 AM PDT Mon Jun 25 2018
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON
TO 11 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* Lakes Affected: Frenchman, Stampede, Davis and Eagle.
* Winds: West 10 to 20 mph with gusts 30 to 40 mph.
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to
capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.