« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Burney Basin / Eastern Shasta County-
Northeast Foothills/Sacramento Valley-Motherlode-
Western Plumas County/Lassen Park-
West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada-
Including the cities of Burney and Grass Valley
204 AM PST Wed Feb 21 2018
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS
EVENING TO 4 AM PST FRIDAY ABOVE 2000 FEET...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions,
including during the morning and afternoon commutes on
Thursday. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches, with
localized amounts up to 10 inches, are expected.
* WHERE...Burney Basin / Eastern Shasta County, Northeast
Foothills/Sacramento Valley, Motherlode, Western Plumas
County/Lassen Park and West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada.
* WHEN...9 PM today to 4 AM Friday. Heaviest overnight into early
Thursday morning and again Thursday afternoon.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Surprise Valley California-Lassen-Eastern Plumas-
Eastern Sierra Counties-Northern Washoe County-
Including the cities of Cedarville, Fort Bidwell, Portola,
Susanville, Empire, and Gerlach
746 AM PST Wed Feb 21 2018
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS
EVENING TO 4 PM PST THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches,
with localized amounts of 4 to 7 inches in eastern Plumas and
Sierra Counties, as well as western Lassen County.
* WHERE...Surprise Valley California, Lassen-Eastern Plumas-
Eastern Sierra Counties and Northern Washoe County.
* WHEN...From 8 PM this evening to 4 PM PST Thursday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions, including
during the morning commute, and possibly the evening commute,
on Thursday. Be prepared for reduced visibilities at times.
Even light snowfall causes major travel delays, especially during
periods of high traffic volume. Be sure to allow extra time to
reach your destination. Leave extra space between vehicles since
it takes longer to stop on slick roadways. The latest road
conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.