« View county listWind Advisory
San Bernardino County Mountains-Riverside County Mountains-
San Diego County Mountains-San Gorgonio Pass Near Banning-
Including the cities of Big Bear City, Wrightwood, Julian,
Pine Valley, and Desert Hot Springs
207 AM PST Mon Feb 27 2017
...WIND ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST TUESDAY...
* WINDS...West 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph. Isolated gusts to
65 mph at times in the most wind-prone areas.
* TIMING...Strongest winds are expected through late
tonight...gradually decreasing Tuesday morning.
* LOCATION...Strongest winds are expected near mountain ridge
tops onto the desert slopes of the mountains and in the
northern Coachella Valley below the San Gorgonio Pass.
* IMPACTS...Driving will be hazardous for motorists in high
* REPORTS...Strongest gusts through 2 AM of 63 mph at Whitewater
in the northern Coachella Valley...and 62 mph at Volcan Mountain
in the San Diego County Mountains.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 35 mph, or gusts of
50 mph or more are expected. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult...especially for motorists in high profile vehicles.
Use extra caution.