« View county listFire Weather Watch
Lake Mead NRA/Colorado River-AZ side-Lower Colorado River Valley-
Lake Mead NRA/Colorado River-NV side-
230 AM PDT Thu Apr 27 2017 /230 AM MST Thu Apr 27 2017/
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING
THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING FOR STRONG WINDS AND LOW RH FOR FIRE
WEATHER ZONES 101, 229, AND 466...
* AFFECTED AREA...In Arizona...Fire weather zone 101. In
California...Fire weather zone 229. In Nevada...Fire weather
* TIMING...Strong winds will begin Friday morning, peak Friday
afternoon, and possibly lull Friday night before picking up
again during the day Saturday. Winds will decrease Saturday
* WIND...North winds gusting to 40 to 50 mph on Friday and
Saturday, with locally higher gusts possible Friday afternoon
* HUMIDITY...Five to 10 percent each afternoon.
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
Red Flag Warnings.
$$High Wind Watch
Lake Havasu and Fort Mohave-Lake Mead National Recreation Area-
San Bernardino County-Upper Colorado River Valley-
Including Lake Havasu City, Desert Hills, Topock,
Bullhead City, Oatman, Mohave Valley, Needles, Hoover Dam,
238 AM PDT Thu Apr 27 2017 /238 AM MST Thu Apr 27 2017/
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH
* TIMING...Strong winds will develop by late this evening... peak
in intensity Friday...and linger into Saturday morning before
weakening late Saturday afternoon.
* WINDS...North winds of 35 to 45 mph with locally higher gusts to
60 mph possible. Strongest winds are expected in especially wind
prone locations near Laughlin.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds will create dangerous boating
conditions on area lakes. These winds will create very choppy
waters and generate large waves which could capsize or swamp
vessels. Strong wind gusts may cause localized wind damage to
structures and will destroy any unsecured items left outside.
A High Wind Watch is issued when there is potential for a
hazardous high wind event. Continue to monitor forecasts for the
latest forecast information.