« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Greater Lake Tahoe Area-
Including the cities of South Lake Tahoe, Truckee, Stateline,
and Incline Village
352 AM PST Mon Feb 27 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST THIS
* Timing: Bands of snow will diminish to scattered snow showers by
* Additional Snow Accumulations: Up to 2 inches, with locally up
to 4 inches possible in heavier snow bands.
* Winds: Southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph. Sierra ridge
gusts up to 80 mph.
* Tahoe Wave Heights: 1 to 3 feet. Highest waves along northern
and eastern shores.
* Impacts: Snow and gusty winds will produce travel slow downs,
chain controls, and periods of low visibility in blowing snow.
Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to capsizing
and should remain off lake waters until conditions improve.
Even light snowfall causes major travel delays, especially during
periods of high traffic volume including this morning's commute.
Be sure to allow extra time to reach your destination. Leave extra
space between vehicles since it takes longer to stop on slick