« View county listLake Wind Advisory
Greater Lake Tahoe Area-
Including the cities of South Lake Tahoe, Stateline,
and Incline Village
226 PM PDT Wed Oct 18 2017
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THURSDAY TO
5 AM PDT FRIDAY FOR LAKE TAHOE...
* Winds: Southwest to west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Wave Heights: 2 to 4 feet from mid-lake to eastern shores.
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to
capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Western Plumas County/Lassen Park-
West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada-
305 PM PDT Wed Oct 18 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THURSDAY TO 11 AM
PDT FRIDAY ABOVE 6500 FEET...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions. Strong,
gusty winds may impact driving and visibility. Total snow
accumulations up to 3 to 6 inches are expected above 6500 feet.
* WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope
Northern Sierra Nevada County.
* WHEN...11 PM Thursday to 11 AM Friday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.