« View county listWinter Weather Advisory
Western Plumas County/Lassen Park-
Including the cities of Chester and Quincy
1050 AM PDT Sun Mar 26 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS
AFTERNOON TO 5 AM PDT MONDAY...
* TIMING...Snow possible by this afternoon with the heaviest
snow expected tonight, turning to snow showers by early Monday
* SNOW AMOUNTS...3 to 6 inches possible above 4000 feet with
locally up to 11 inches over Lassen Peak. Light snow
accumulations may occur down to 3500 feet Monday morning.
* SNOW LEVEL...5000 to 5500 feet tonight lowering to 3500 to
4000 feet by Monday morning.
* MAIN IMPACT...Slick roads with reduced visibilities. Travel
delays and chain controls may also occur.
* OTHER IMPACTS...South to Southwest wind gusts up to 30 mph
over higher terrain.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while