« View county listHigh Wind Warning
San Bernardino and Riverside County Valleys-The Inland Empire-
San Bernardino County Mountains-Santa Ana Mountains and Foothills-
Orange County Coastal Areas-Orange County Inland Areas-
Including the cities of Ontario, Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga,
Crestline, Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear Lake, Running Springs,
and Mission Viejo
917 PM PDT Fri Apr 28 2017
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM PDT SATURDAY...
* WINDS...North to northeast winds increasing to 25 to 35 MPH
tonight, with gusts from 50 to 60 MPH. Isolated gusts on
ridgetops and immediately below canyons up to 65 mph.
* TIMING...The strongest winds will occur late tonight through
* LOCATIONS...Strongest winds along Interstate 15 from Cajon Pass
to the Inland Empire and parts of inland Orange County,
especially near the Santa Ana Mountains.
* Impacts...Sudden, strong cross-winds affecting high-profile
vehicles. Possible tree and utility line damage. Downed palm
* OUTLOOK...Winds will diminish rapidly Saturday afternoon.
* REPORTS...Please send reports of strong winds and wind damage
to the National Weather Service via our Facebook and Twitter
feeds and online.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.