« View county listFlood Advisory
553 PM PDT SUN APR 23 2017
...THE FLOOD ADVISORY FOR SNOWMELT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 945 AM PDT
THURSDAY FOR PLACER COUNTY...
* Increased releases from Lake Tahoe will continue for a prolonged
period of time. This is being done to make room for future
snowmelt from a near record snowpack in the Tahoe Basin.
* Minor flooding is expected along sections of the Truckee River
between Lake Tahoe and Squaw Creek. Below Squaw Creek...flows on
the river will be even higher due to snowmelt runoff from local
tributaries. This may cause some very minor flooding near the
river just above the city of Truckee as well.
* Locations impacted include the Bike Path and other low lying areas
from Lake Tahoe to just below Squaw Creek.
* This will be the highest flow experienced on this section of the
Truckee River since the summer of 2006. Any changes to, or around,
the river channel since 2006 may result in unanticipated impacts.
* These flows will result in very powerful, fast, and cold
conditions that will be very hazardous. Keep people, pets, and
property clear for safety.
Stay away or be swept away. River banks and culverts can become
unstable and unsafe. The cold temperatures of
the water will result in rapid onset of hypothermia.
LAT...LON 3921 12019 3919 12019 3917 12017 3917 12014
3916 12014 3915 12016 3917 12020 3921 12021