« View county listFire Weather Watch
Yuma/Martinez Lake and Vicinity/Lower Colorado River Valley AZ-
Lower Colorado River Valley CA-
212 PM MST Wed Apr 26 2017 /212 PM PDT Wed Apr 26 2017/
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH
FRIDAY AFTERNOON FOR STRONG WINDS, LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY AND HIGH
FIRE DANGER FOR THE LOWER COLORADO RIVER VALLEY...
The National Weather Service in Phoenix has issued a Fire Weather
Watch for strong winds, low relative humidity and high fire danger,
which is in effect from Friday morning through Friday afternoon.
* AFFECTED AREA...Yuma/Martinez Lake and Vicinity/Lower Colorado
River Valley AZ and Lower Colorado River Valley CA.
* WINDS...North 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* TIMING...9AM MST/PDT to 3PM MST/PDT
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 8 percent.
* IMPACTS...Fuels are dry and fire danger is high. These
conditions combined with low relative humidity and strong winds
will lead to widespread hazardous fire weather conditions.
Please advise the appropriate officials and fire crews in the
field of this fire weather watch.
San Bernardino County Mountains-Riverside County Mountains-
San Diego County Mountains-Apple and Lucerne Valleys-
Coachella Valley-San Diego County Deserts-
San Gorgonio Pass Near Banning-
Including the cities of Wrightwood, Victorville, Apple Valley,
Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta, and Desert Hot Springs
808 PM PDT Wed Apr 26 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM PDT THURSDAY...
* WINDS...Areas of westerly winds 25 to 35 mph, with gusts 50 to
* TIMING...Through tonight.
* LOCATION...Strongest winds from the mountain ridge tops along
desert mountain slopes into adjacent desert areas.
* VISIBILITY...Locally reduced below 3 miles in blowing sand and
blowing dust in the deserts.
* IMPACTS...The winds will make driving difficult...especially
for motorists with high profile vehicles. Watch for broken
tree limbs. In the deserts...areas of blowing dust and sand
will reduce visibility at times.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.