« View county listFire Weather Watch
Arizona Fire Weather Zone 151
Eastern Pima County-Southeastern Pinal County-
Santa Cruz County-Western Cochise County-
Coronado NF-TDC-Arizona Fire Weather Zone 152
Southern Graham County-Central and Eastern Cochise County-
Southern Greenlee County-
Lower Elevations of the San Carlos Apache Nation
in Graham County-Coronado NF-Safford BLM-TDC-
203 AM MST Sun Apr 23 2017
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING FOR STRONG WINDS, LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY
AND HIGH FIRE DANGER FOR PORTIONS OF FIRE WEATHER ZONES 151 AND
* AFFECTED AREA...Portions of fire weather zones 151 and 152
including Eastern Pima, Santa Cruz, Cochise, Southern Graham and
Southern Greenlee counties. This includes the Catalina, Rincon,
Galiuro, Pinaleno, Huachuca and Chiricahua Mountain ranges.
* TIMING...The watch is in effect from 11 AM MST Monday morning
through 7 PM MST Monday evening.
* WINDS...Sustained 20-ft southerly winds less than 10 mph Monday
morning will shift to the southwest and increase to 15 to 25 mph
with gusts to 40 mph in the afternoon.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...Relative humidity will quickly decrease to
less than 15 percent by midday Monday, with minimum values of 5
to 10 percent in the late afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop or are ongoing will have the
potential to spread rapidly, especially in areas with a high
dead grass load.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area...visit weather.gov/Tucson
and click on the DETAILED HAZARDS tab
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
Red Flag Warnings.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of the Fire Weather Watch for portions of Southeast