« View county listFire Weather Warning
Southern Gila County/Tonto National Forest Foothills-
234 AM MST Thu Apr 19 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM MST
THIS EVENING FOR STRONG WINDS, LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY AND CRITICAL
FIRE DANGER FOR THE CENTRAL DESERTS OF SOUTH-CENTRAL ARIZONA,
SOUTHERN GILA COUNTY AND THE TONTO NATIONAL FOREST FOOTHILLS...
* AFFECTED AREA...Central Deserts and Southern Gila County/Tonto
National Forest Foothills.
* WINDS...West 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* TIMING...Noon to 8 PM MST Thursday.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 9 percent.
* IMPACTS...Fuels are very dry and fire danger is critical.
These conditions combined with low relative humidity and
strong winds will lead to widespread hazardous fire weather
Please advise the appropriate officials and fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.