« View county listFire Weather Warning
Arizona Fire Weather Zone 150
Western Pima County-South Central Pinal County-
Tohono O'Odham Nation-TDC-Arizona Fire Weather Zone 151
Eastern Pima County-Southeastern Pinal County-
Santa Cruz County-Western Cochise County-
Coronado NF-TDC-Arizona Fire Weather Zone 152
Southern Greenlee County-Central and Eastern Cochise County-
Southern Graham County-Southern San Carlos Apache Nation-
Arizona Fire Weather Zone 153
Northern Graham County-Northern Greenlee County-
White and Gila Mountains-Apache Sitgreaves NF-SDC-
1035 PM MST Wed Apr 18 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 8 PM MST
THURSDAY FOR STRONG AND GUSTY WINDS, LOW HUMIDITY AND HIGH TO
VERY HIGH FIRE DANGER FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 150, 151, 152, AND
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zones 150, 151, 152 and 153.
* TIMING...11 AM MST Thursday morning until 8 PM MST Thursday
* WINDS...Sustained 20-foot winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts of
40 to 45 mph possible. The strongest winds will occur in the
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...Minimum humidity values will range from 4
to 10 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop or are ongoing will have the
potential to spread rapidly.
* FOR A DETAILED VIEW OF THE HAZARD AREA...Visit
weather.gov/Tucson and click on the Detailed Hazards Icon.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or are expected to develop. A
combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and dry
vegetation will create the potential for rapid and erratic fire
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of the Red Flag Warning for portions of Southeast Arizona.
$$Fire Weather Warning
Southern Gila County/Tonto National Forest Foothills-
234 AM MST Thu Apr 19 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM MST
THIS EVENING FOR STRONG WINDS, LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY AND CRITICAL
FIRE DANGER FOR THE CENTRAL DESERTS OF SOUTH-CENTRAL ARIZONA,
SOUTHERN GILA COUNTY AND THE TONTO NATIONAL FOREST FOOTHILLS...
* AFFECTED AREA...Central Deserts and Southern Gila County/Tonto
National Forest Foothills.
* WINDS...West 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* TIMING...Noon to 8 PM MST Thursday.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 9 percent.
* IMPACTS...Fuels are very dry and fire danger is critical.
These conditions combined with low relative humidity and
strong winds will lead to widespread hazardous fire weather
Please advise the appropriate officials and fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.
Pinal/Superstition Mountains-San Carlos-Dripping Springs-
Globe/Miami-Southeast Gila County-
Including the cities of San Carlos, Peridot, Hayden, Winkelman,
Globe, and Miami
409 AM MST Thu Apr 19 2018
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
7 PM MST THIS EVENING...
* AFFECTED AREA...Pinal/Superstition Mountains-San Carlos-
Dripping Springs- Globe/Miami-Southeast Gila County- Including
the cities of San Carlos, Peridot, Hayden, Winkelman, Globe,
* TIMING...From 2 PM this afternoon until 7 PM MST
* WINDS...Westerly Winds 25-35 mph with gusts to 40-45 mph.
* IMPACTS...Very hazardous driving conditions especially for
high profile vehicles. Winds may cause areas of blowing dust
that can reduce visibility. Unsecured objects may become
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of between
30 and 40 mph are expected, or wind gusts of between 40 and
58 mph. Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially
for high profile vehicles. In addition, strong winds over desert
areas could result in briefly lowered visibilities to well under
a mile at times in blowing dust or blowing sand. Use extra