« View county listLake Wind Advisory
Including the cities of Mammoth Spring, Cave City, Ash Flat,
Hardy, Mountain View, Horseshoe Bend, Melbourne, Calico Rock,
Oxford, Batesville, Fairfield Bay, Clinton, Heber Springs,
Newport, Morrilton, Conway, Searcy, Beebe, Augusta, McCrory,
Cotton Plant, Perryville, Hot Springs, Benton, Bryant,
Little Rock, North Little Rock, Cabot, Lonoke, Des Arc, Hazen,
Brinkley, Clarendon, Arkadelphia, Malvern, Sheridan, Pine Bluff,
Stuttgart, De Witt, Fordyce, Kingsland, Rison, Star City, Gould,
Dumas, Mcgehee, Camden, Hampton, Thornton, Warren, and Monticello
1011 AM CDT Fri May 26 2017
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING...
The National Weather Service in Little Rock has issued a Lake
Wind Advisory, which is in effect until 7 PM CDT this evening.
* EVENT...Strong south winds will increase today across parts of
northeast, central, and south Arkansas.
* AREAS AFFECTED...The Advisory will affect areas east of a line
from Viola...to Casa...to Amity.
* TIMING...South winds will remain strong and gusty through this
* WINDS...South winds around 20 mph will gust to 35 mph at times.
* IMPACTS...Winds are expected to be strong enough to cause
problems for boaters on area lakes and rivers. Small boats will
be the most significantly impacted.
A Lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.